Annotations must be completed before class on the assigned due date. Clicking the link for each article will load the PDF in hypothes.is in your browser. Before you begin to annotate an article, be sure that have logged into Hypothes.is and that you have selected the group “XULA-Dystopias-Spring2020.”
If you need help using the Hypothes.is system, please review this help page first.
- Before class on Tuesday 14 January, read and annotate Iris Young’s “Five Faces of Oppression”.
- Before class on Tuesday 21 January, read and annotate Sigmund Freud’s Civilization & Its Discontents, Chapters III-V.
- Before class on Tuesday 04 February, read and annotate Umberto Eco’s “Ur-Fascism”.
- Before class on Tuesday 11 February, read and annotate Thomas Hobbes’s Leviathan, Chapter XIII.
- Before class on Tuesday 03 March, read and annotate Mark Dery’s “Black to the Future”.
- Before class on Tuesday 31 March, read and annotate Arthur Mitzman’s “The Double Wall before the Future”.